Monday, May 30, 2011

Goodbye... For Now

About to head to bed for my last night in Canada for a while.

It's been a tough day and I know the morning will be difficult as well.
Just finishing up those goodbyes takes a toll.

I know that as soon as I'm able to sit on the plane and get to take off my eyes will shift forward and I'll be able to focus on arriving instead of departing.
But I do miss this home already, and all the people in it.

I already miss lunch with friends and dinner with family. Video games and renting movies. Pool parties, small group and 24/7 internet access. Spontaneous meals at restaurants and ordering in. Church on Sunday morning and that other church on Sunday night. Playing with kids and crafting with big kids. Building things, fixing things, playing games and laughing.

I know that I will be able to do all of this in my new home...
the difference is that I can't bring the people that I love doing these things with.
I miss you all already. Don't forget that.
Just cause I'm gone, I will still think and pray for you all the time.

And now, as I make my way to bed with 17 hours left on my flight countdown clock... I thank God that I am able to say goodbye. That I've made it this far. That I have a reason to leave and a reason to stay in touch.
The only reason leaving is this hard is because I love and I am loved.
And that is something to be really thankful for.

6 comments:

  1. Miss U2, Love you, stay safe!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all the way!

    The Sabbies xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my dear you should have landed about an hour ago after a 21 hour flight at 1:30p.m. today our time or 8:30p.m. Nairobi time. You must be very very tired with the flight and 7 hr. time change forward but, very very excited to be there!
    We will await your update here, a text or skype once you are settled which will probably be after a few dayz of zzzzz! to catch up! ;P
    Love mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie:
    Our prayers are with you. I have only known you a short time but will miss seeing you on Sundays. I look forward to your blog updates and know that God is going to use you in a mighty way. You have contagious spirit about you....
    God Bless

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone...well everyone that reads this post...We heard from Connie very early this morning 5:43a.m. but, 12:43p.m. her time...here is part of her e-mail...
    "just a VERY quick email to let you know I'm here. I arrived safe and everything is fine, my ankle was a little painful during the flights but, the flight attendants were really great and kept giving me bags of ice. I can't use this internet for long but I'm going to try to get a connection later"...
    ...I'm sure she will update everyone once she is settled...ask her about her luggage ordeal ;P, we are just glad to hear she arrived safely!

    Con's mum

    ReplyDelete