Thursday, September 2, 2010

From Oliver to Hope

This was written by Oliver to express his thankfulness for the offerings that were made to help with his schooling.

"Appreciation for Support Offered

I’ve searched for words, in vain I get them
I’ve prayed for words, in pursuit for words
Consultation I’ve made, my brain the source
Arise from your slumber, I complain to it
At last it recovered, here being affections

The universe is large, the inhabitants are God’s
Never have I met Canadians as you
Tenderness your virtue, principle is charity
Helmet being care, shield your compassion
Wow, how to describe, I lack words

The Oliver you have nourished, will be like olive oil
To anoint other people, and chasing poverty
To raise innocence and life from bitterness in this world
And promote togetherness by preaching equality
For God is my Father, me, His son

The last but an important expression is it
I beseech your decency, to soldier on
Supporting my failed background, nursing me to might
The challenges I understand, affect you too
But your humble offer, I really really appreciate.

The world is full, but few care
‘Christian’ today, is just but a title
Action stronger than words, as it was said
Thank you, thank you and thank you

A bundle is stronger than a stick
A hand that gives is better than a mouth that just prays
Together as one, you have resurrected a hopeless soul
Your contribution is what makes it to be what you see

Why should I forget it?
Is my mind approaching expiry date?
Why too, and for what reason should I?
Never in my life will I forget
The offer you give, gives me joy and hope

Why should God be denied praises?
The keys to closed doors is a seed growing in Hope church
Forever it will sprout healthy
To produce wonderful results
Through every situation to my bed of death
I will remember Hope church."

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and wonderful poem. We at Hope are happy that we could help you complete your Grade 9 education. Connie has spoken very highly of you and, through her, we have come to know you. God has a plan for your life and we are blessed to be a small part in his plan.

    God bless you, Oliver.

    ReplyDelete