Sunday, August 22, 2010

He Is All About Details

When I spoke at church weeks ago I told a bit of the story of a friend of mine named Oliver.

He is a young man of great faith, a great writer, funny and has a very kind and observant heart. He is 14 years old and though life has not been easy by any stretch of the imagination he knows and trusts that God is on his side.


I may do a series on here about his story in the future but I wanted to quickly share something great today.

When I spoke about Oliver at church, I talked about how school fees are a huge hurdle for his family. God has provided for his schooling in great ways through neighbors and other incredible means. These last two weeks are no exception.

After my message I was approached by a few people wanting to help with his schooling and so the last two Sunday mornings there was an offering taken for him.

I had not made it known to the church how much was needed. But, when I totaled up the gifts from both weeks, the final amount was the exact amount that is needed to cover the term.

I won't say that I'm surprised as much as I am expectantly grateful. I know that we serve a God of details who knows our needs and is not only capable but insistent on providing for them. This is how I know that even though, up to now, Oliver only has money to complete grade 9, he will finish high school. I'm very confident in that and I know that he is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment