Friday, May 18, 2012

Time Expired

Well, it's that time again!
That's right, my tourist visa is expiring.
yippeeeeee (in the most sarcastic way)
My visa expires on June 2. That gives me 14 days from tomorrow.

What does that mean?
Well, this time around, I'm not entirely sure. Typically it means that I need to leave the country. I've been there before... a couple of times.

Why is this time different?
Almost 3 months ago I submitted my application for a Missionary Permit. It has not returned yet. I'm hoping that because the application is in, and I'm waiting on immigration, that somehow I can get an extension on my tourist visa until my permit is ready. (assuming it won't be denied.)

What if it IS denied?
Or, what if you can't get an extension?
At this point, God is involving me in so many things over here that I have no doubt that He is not ending my time here. If the permit is denied then I'll either need to try again or look into other options. But immediately it will mean that I need to leave the country for a short period of time.

Where will you go?
No Idea to be honest. This is not the ideal situation for me because travel is not something that I am able to budget for. The exchange rate is poor and money is tight. If I were to pray crazy prayers - which I've been trying to do - then I would hope to go home; to meet my nephew and spend a bit of time visiting family, friends and supporters. Only God could provide that for me. But any method of leaving the country would have to be provided for by Him. I don't doubt He'll take care of me, I just don't know what's going to happen.

What if you do get an extension?
Or, what if your permit is approved and arrives before June 2?
I would stay here and continue working. That is ideally the best situation at the moment. There is a lot going on right now and an unscheduled exit would be inconvenient, not only for me but for the people I am working with. That's not to say that I don't want to visit home sometime soon. It's just that it's not entirely my decision. God knows what He's doing. When the time is right to travel, He'll make a way.

What's so good about a Missionary Permit?
Lots of things! For one, it won't expire for 2 years. Also, it will give me residency which means that I can go to national parks and things without paying the ridiculously overpriced tourist price. Oh and it will allow me to get a Kenyan driver's licence. Cool eh?

Please join me in prayer on this. It is potentially very stressful. I try to remember who is in control but you know, I'm human aaaand... I kinda like being able to solve problems. But I'm not writing this story, I'm just living it. So it's time to give creative control to the author and remember to praise Him along the way.

If you would like to know how else you could help me out in prayer,
please go here.

1 comment:

  1. You are in my prayers, Connie.

    Thanks for the reminder that He is writing the story and we are living it. Great words to read as I head to bed.

    ReplyDelete